Contact Centre
Contact Centre

Monday, December 29, 2008

In Which the Morning Goes Awry

Today I managed to break both our coffee mugs. One is completely shattered and the other one is now missing its handle. Apparently my dropping skills are so advanced that the first mug, taking its trip down from my hand to shatterville, managed to catch the handle of the other mug that was peacefully drip drying on the stool below and rip it right off.

So I went to go buy new mugs at the grocery store and also to pick up a few other things. I spent the next hour knocking things over and out of place and desperately trying to undo the havoc I was wreaking by shoving things back onto shelves and onto display tables. The check out girl had to price check about half my items because there were no labels and I forgot to weigh some of my produce so THAT had to be taken care of and meanwhile the line was growing and the people in it started to mutter in incomprehensible Greek. I finally booked it out of there and alarmed myself time and again by the sharp CLANK of the new mugs dinging against each other, regardless of the extra bags wrapped around them (thank goodness, they stayed unbroken).

Now it's closing in on lunch time and I decided this morning that it wouldn't be THAT hard to just make sandwiches here even WITH our limited resources. This is going to involve wielding a knife. The way this day has been going so far, I should have remembered to stock up on band aids before I left the store.

I think eating this entire bar of chocolate will probably help.

2 comments:

  1. PS I really like your new photos on your profile info. By the time i get there, you will be such a good no-kitchen cook that you will not need me. Le sigh. For my sake, I hope you cut yourself. For your sake, I hope it's only skin deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually ever cut myself! It was awesome. The chocolate was MAGIC.

    ReplyDelete