Contact Centre
Contact Centre

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

In Which the Holiday Season Makes Itself Known

It is Christmas Eve Eve.

This afternoon I panicked about stocking up on food supplies in anticipation of everything being closed on Christmas Day leaving John and I without a thing to eat. Because I am such a good shopper I ended up with bananas, apples, and about ten different kinds of cookies and pastries.

To get into the holiday spirit, I am listening to my new favorite online radio service's Christmas channel. Thanks to AccuRadio (found because Pandora does not operate in Greece), I have now learned that pretty much everyone has released a Christmas album. Like EVERYONE. Some are better than others. For instance, I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen sing "Merry Christmas, Baby" right now (he is singing directly to me, I think). It also seems to be the case that David Bowie and Bing Crosby sing a Christmas duet! Wonders never cease.

Lastly, I just decorated the Lab to be in tune with the Christmas spirit. Prepare to have your socks knocked off.

The whole effect (notice shmancy golden strands wrapped around Lab couch):


Close up of the artfully decorated tree:


For real lastly, apparently there's this holiday called "Hanukkah" that my people celebrate, and it started two nights ago! Incredible!!

1 comment: