Contact Centre
Contact Centre

Sunday, December 07, 2008

In Which Farmer John has a Healthy Breakfast

Jet lag and I are still in a fight. I woke up today at 1 pm and was shocked to realize the entire morning had fled. Luckily John had not wasted his morning. "I had some pie for breakfast," he told me. "Actually, it was more like cake, which is good because it's healthier."


"HEALTHIER?!" I exclaimed, "how do you find cake to be HEALTHIER?"


"Well," he replied, "cake has, you know, flour. And there was this gooey stuff in it that
just seemed to be very nutritious."


This from the man who has "getting in shape" as one of his top two goals for our European jaunt. He informed me of his entire fitness plan whilst munching on a stale donut he bought at a coffee kiosk in the Amsterdam airport. A lot of this plan revolves around finding enough time to go walking - once he's in a walking routine, he says, the cravings for sweets is cut way down and his diet takes care of itself.


As we can see, he hasn't quite made it to that point. He happened to add, later in the morning, that what made the cake REALLY delicious was the scoop of ice cream on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment