Contact Centre
Contact Centre

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

In Which My Limbs Surprise Me

For all of my exotic locale, the majority of my jobby life is spent staring at my laptop and typing various things. Today I had my feet propped on the coffee table while I slouched in the comfy chair with my computer in my lap, tippity tapping away and getting things done. I can't exactly remember if my feet were crossed or what, but about ten minutes ago I got up from my supine position and basically tripped all over myself. One of my legs had stopped working - it didn't want to walk, it wanted to float up in the air. Every time I lifted it to move a step forward it kind of raised itself a litte higher than it should have and decided bearing weight was a task it was NOT interested in. I stumbled a bit drunkenly around the Lab and was secretly glad John was out and about so I could weave around the room with no witnesses.

It felt a lot like that trick where you stand in a doorway and press your hands as HARD as you can against its sides. After about a minute, you release and your arms just float up of their own volition. Except in this case it was my leg. I didn't even know that was POSSIBLE.

I wonder if I can make it happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment