Contact Centre
Contact Centre

Friday, November 04, 2005

In Which I Arrive in India

Am currently sitting in an Israeli internet cafe located in Old Delhi, with adorable disease ridden puppies outside the window and Evan going crazy over how well he did on fantasy basketball last night to my right. So I made it! Safe and sound! And! Am just really, really tired, but the plan today is to stay awake until we hop on the overnight train to Jahdpur, where the camel trek will begin... Delhi is just slightly larger than Nantucket, as far as I can tell. Just. A. Little. Bit.

Finally got in last night at about 11:30, was through customs and on the way to the hotel at around 2. The hotel room for three of us consisted of a really, really big bed and a bathroom. LOVED the big bed. Fit all of us with room to spare. This morning we woke up, packed our stuff, and kicked off our daily adventure with a good dose of chocolate babka, courtesy of Evan's amazing mother. And now we've visited the ATM, had some lunch at the delightful Appetite Restaurant, and now I'm alerting everyone (especially you, Mom) that I'm not dead or maimed and am safely where I'm supposed to be. Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment